After some consideration I’ve decided to close the dynamic API reference for Jetpack.
The main reasons for this are:
- Hardly anyone was looking at it, not even me
- It was getting more troublesome to parse
- The parsing took an absolute age
- Most people who want to follow the source either use the official GitHub repository Automattic/jetpack or clone it locally to their own development environment.
- The structure of the runtime code is quite a lot different from the original source.
Parts of the closure will become effective today.
What will happen when I visit the site?
- Documentation for blocks and shortcodes will remain
- Any attempt to view an API, Class, File or Hook will redirect you to the Jetpack plugin in the main repository. https://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/tree/trunk/projects/plugins/jetpack
- The dynamic API reference for the Jetpack plugin will be removed.
- It will be replaced by a simple message to view the plugin in GitHub
- The tabs for APIs, Classes, Files and Hooks will disappear.